Thursday, January 12, 2012

Love Lies Chapter 8

A few highways and a coffee shop later, I got the guts to go back and talk to Richie. I knew that he wouldn't want to talk to me, but he was going to have to deal with it.

"Jon," I said when I pulled up, and he was sitting on top of a car, "where's Richie?"

"Don't know," he said, as he crossed his arms, "don't care either."

I crossed my arms as he looked up at me, "Jon, he's your best friend."

"You're also my best friend."

I didn't know what to say, so I just stood there.

"Come on, Kmae," he said as he hopped down from the car, "I've always thought of you as a friend."

"I think of you both," I paused, "as a friend."

"Who's better?" he challenged.

I rolled my eyes, "Jon, you're both equal in my eyes."

"But yet, who's better?" he questioned again.

I ignored him, stepping out of my car. I put the convertible top down and grabbed my suitcases, and walked to the bus, fearing that I'd see Richie before I'd want to see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment