Saturday, January 21, 2012

Love Lies Chapter 22

"No," he said, "You can't love us both."

I rubbed my head, "But it's true, Jon! It's true!"

He shook his head. "You can't."

The tears started to stain my shirt, "I Can't go on if I'm not with either of you."

He hugged me, and reassured me that he didn't want to let me go. I immediately felt myself trapped between him and Richie.


"Go talk to Richie," Jon said.

I bit my lip, "I don't know if I want to."

"You're going to have to sometime."

I didn't want to face the challenge of seeing him again, but Jon was right. I'd have to see him sometime.

"He's not back yet," I said.

"He'll be back sometime later. We're leaving in a few hours."

I hadn't even looked at the clock. I was just concerned about what may have happened the night before.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"6:30," he said. "I'm not to concerned about leaving at nine."

"Where are we even going?"

"First stop, Houston."

"I've never been to Houston."

"Well you're going."

I wasnt sure if I still wanted to go on tour, so I just shrugged.

"You go outside and see the guys," he said. "I'm pretty sure you'll find something to do."

I smiled as he kissed the top of my forehead with just a little peck. He usually did this when he wanted me to feel better. It was amazing.

Before I went outside, I looked at myself in the mirror. The bruises covering my arms and legs were becoming more and more visual now, and makeup wouldn't even cover them. I felt sick to my stomach, wanting to puke. I ran to the bathroom, and let it all out.


When I was done, I saw Jon standing in the doorway.

"Are you sure you're okay?" he asked.
"I'm fine," I mumbled.

He studied my arms and legs, looking at each and every bruise.

"I didn't mean to hurt you, sweetie," he said with worry in his voice, "but I get crazy when I'm drunk."

I showed him the scratching marks on my arms and on my shoulders.

"I hope I didn't get you pregnant."

I looked at him, and made a face. "I'm on something. Don't worry."

He made a "phew" noise. "But what are we going to do about these scratches and bruises on your arms?"

"I don't have my jackets in here," I said. They were all still in my car.

"Well, I've got a superman sweatshirt," Jon said, going into the other room and grabbing the sweatshirt.

"Are you sure? Your mom got it for you," I said, putting it on.

"It's fine."

I smiled and put it on. "What about my legs?"

He studied my legs, "Wow. I really did cause you some damage."

"I'll just tell them I ran into a few tables when I stumbled out."

"I kind of remember carrying you," Jon admitted.

"I was hammered," I laughed.

He laughed, and then followed me out of the tour bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment