Friday, January 13, 2012

Love Lies Chapter 13

I laid my head on his chest, and instantly felt relieved. He always had that way of making me feel better, through thick and thin.

I realized as I sat there in his arms, that we were actually friends...with benefits. I couldn't help but remember all the times we had been together, and I loved him. But he wouldn't take that chance. He wouldn't date me. Even if I was falling on love with him.

"Kmae, do you feel better?" he whispered to me.

I nodded, trying to not melt like a candle in his arms. I buried my head in his shoulder, and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Don't let Richie get to you," Jon said as he held me close.

"He lied to me," I said finally as I cleared my throat, "he never loved me."

"Of course he did," Jon explained to me softly.

I shook my head, "No, he didn't. He didn't want you to have me. I was lied to."

Jon shrugged, "Kmae, you've gotta understand, he can't always be Mr. Nice Guy. He's got feelings too."

"Obviously not towards me," I wiped my eyes as I looked up at Jon.

"He's just not used to the fact that we're having someone else on the 7800° Fahrenheit tour. He'll loosen up by the time we're on the road again, okay?"

I hugged him, and laughed when he found the spot in my neck that he always touched that made me laugh.

"When do we leave?" I asked.

He smiled, "Tomorrow, but he'll be fine until then. Do you want me to go talk to him?"

I shrugged, "I don't want it to ruin your friendship anymore..."

"Oh please," he laughed, "he wouldn't leave, he's the lead guitarist."

Jon got up, and took my hand to help me up. He held onto my hand, leading me out into the lower level of the stage.

"You go get ready," Jon said, "I'll be talking to Richie."

I nodded, doing what was commanded, and walked away, hoping things would turn out to be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment