Sunday, January 22, 2012

Love Lies Chapter 24

I didn't know what to say. I was so shocked that he had all these feelings inside him. I checked to see when he had wrote it, and it said July 12, 1984.

"He does love me," I said to myself. He had only wrote it a few days ago, it being July 15 now.

I went and took a shower, and got ready. My clothes were all laid out on the bed, and today was their day of relaxation and everything before the concert, so I picked out a orange tank top and another pair of shorts that I made from an old pair of jeans. My cowgirl boots were laying amoung my other shoes, so I grabbed them, and put my hair in a bun. My makeup looked like complete shit, so I decided to put some eyeliner on and everything else.

I looked at my arms. The bruises weren't visible any more, so I grabbed Jon's sweatshirt and knocked on his door.

"Who is it?" he shouted.

"It's Kmae," I yelled back, "I've got your sweatshirt."

"Okay, just set it on the bed," he shouted.

I opened the door which wasn't locked because his door was right inside mine, also including Richie's door. I was stuck between them.

I heard water running. Jon was in the shower, so I quickly went in and set the sweatshirt on the bed. I noticed a few crumpled pieces of paper laying over beside the bed, and decided to go see what they said.

The first one I opened was a new song called "Borderline" that I had never heard before, and the second one was another note.

"Kmae,
Whatever happened to us the other night isn't going to keep me from loving you. I hope you know that."

He didn't finish. Which made me wonder, why not? Was he scared that I wouldn't take him?

"I see you found my note," I heard behind me.

I turned around. Jon was standing there with a towel wrapped around him.

I dropped the piece of paper.

"You read it?" he asked.

I nodded. I was still in shock from what he wrote, plus he was standing right beside me.

"They're real feelings," he said. "I wasn't going to give you them."

"There was one in my bag," I explained."I thought that because it was in my bag, you wanted me to read it."

"It was?" he asked. "I don't remember putting it in there."

"it could've fallen out of your sweatshirt, that was in my bag too."

"I was wearing that when I wrote it."

I didn't know if I wanted to ask him about the note. But I decided to anyways.

"You really feel that way about me?" I asked.

He sat down on the bed. "Well, yeah. I always have."

"Why didn't you tell me?" I said.

"I was scared."

"You know you can tell me anything," I said.

"I love you," he whispered.

I felt a sharp pain pierce through me. It was the guilt of knowing that I had actually moved on. I couldn't love him. I loved Richie.

"Jon," I said, "I can't say that back."

"Lie to me," he whispered in my ear.
"Tell me you love me. I know you do."

"I can't lie to you Jon, I can't." I said. "Jon, I don't love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment