Friday, January 13, 2012

Love Lies Chapter 15


I walked up to the bedside, grabbing the note. It read: "Kmae, I understand that we've had our differences. I understand that we haven't been the best of friends,  or partners in that matter. But I can't see us fighting like this anymore. I understand you're moving on. Who hasn't? But I don't want to fight anymore. If you want to talk, I'll be over by the water."


I was forgiving him inside my head, but part of me wasn't sure about this. I didn't know if I was physically or emotionally. I couldn't decide whether to forgive or forget him. I decided to just go talk to him.



I went up ontop of the hill, the grass greener then day, and I could feel the soil, moist under my feet. I loved this. I hadn't seen or touched hardly any grass since I was in Iowa, almost 10 years ago. I missed the nature, the feeling you get when you stepped outside. I was only 22. What did they expect of me? I wasn't Superman. I was just a cowgirl, destined to see the nature part of the world again. Stuck in a romance that I couldn't seem to lose.


I went up by the tree that silently rested ontop of the hill. I looked down at Richie, standing on the bottom of the hill, watching the waves roll onto the sandy beach. I sat down beside the tree, just watching him. I didn't want to ruin this moment. It was like a fairytale, he looked like a prince.



I think about twenty minutes went by before he actually looked and noticed me. The sun was finally falling below the horizon, being that it was 8:30 P.M.

He walked up, with a bottle of booze in his hand. He looked at me and smiled, "How long have you been here?"

"Long enough," I smiled.

He laughed and sat beside me, throwing the bottle down the hill. I watched as it rolled all the way down, landing just before the sandy shoreline.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

I nodded, glad that he had asked.  "Yeah, I'm fine. I've only cried a lot."

"A million tears make an ocean," He looked at me.

I couldn't bear myself to look at him in the eyes. They would make me melt. I couldn't do it.

"Umm," I said, trying to change the subject, "we leave tomorrow?"

He nodded, taking out a fresh cigarette and lighting it. "Yeah, you're going, right?"

I nodded too. "Yeah, I'm planning on it, unless if someone doesn't want me to go."

"I want  you to go," he reassured me, "you obviously read my note."

"Yeah," I smiled, "I liked it."

"Well?"

I didn't know what to say. I wanted to take him back, so, so bad. But I wouldn't let myself do it. I didn't want to screw anything else up. I had already ruined our relationship. I didn't want to hurt anymore feelings, but I wasn't who I wanted to be, I wanted to be the girl with Richie again.

"I," I paused, "I think I've come to a choice."



No comments:

Post a Comment