Friday, January 13, 2012

Love Lies Chapter 16


He looked at me, and I poured my thoughts out.

"I think," I stated, "that for right now, we should be friends. After a while, yes, we can go back to being a couple. Richie, I understand you love me. Believe me, I love you too, but I cannot get back with you until I figure out that I can handle it. Do you not agree?"

He nodded, "I think that's a good plan. But, are you going to date Jon?"

I shrugged, "If we just are, friends with benefits, like we are now, I don't know if I want to ruin it for a friendship. I've been friends with both of you for a very long time. I can't just leave you, and then date Jon. That'd be like you dating my best friend."

"Yeah, but I wouldn't date me or Jon," he laughed. They were my best friends. I couldn't ruin me and Richie's chances of getting back together.

I laughed, and hugged him. "I'm glad you understand."

"I'm glad you explained it to me."

I put my head on his shoulder, and looked down at the lights on the boardwalk. They were shining like the night Richie asked me out, and I said yes after he had won me a stuffed bear off of the games on the boardwalk.

"I remember," He stated, "that night when you told me you loved me for the first time; that was magical."

"I do too," I smiled. "I miss that."

No comments:

Post a Comment