Thursday, January 12, 2012

Love Lies Chapter 12

He just looked up at me, and didn't say a word.

I ran from him, with tears flowing from my cheeks, and I hid in the top balcony of the old abandoned stage.

Among the rows of old, dusty chairs, I sat in a small one in the way back. I cried my eyes out, hearing him say the words, "I still love you," repeat over and over inside my head. I couldn't help but think, why would he say that? Why would he lie to me all of these years? I never lied to him. My love for him was true.

"Jon can't be doing this bullshit anymore," I heard Richie say, talking to someone down on the lower part of the stage.

"Richie, calm down," David's voice echoed, "she's at least telling you what she felt."

"He's brainwashed her."

I couldn't believe that Richie thought Jon brainwashed me. I loved them both! They wouldnt ever lose their friendship over me, would they?

I slumped against the wall. I looked down at the necklace Richie had given me, and held it tight in my hands as the tears started to flow again and again. Each memory played like a flashback through my mind. Me and Richie at the beach, me and Richie's nights of pure love. They all came back to me like I had just died, and was seeing a slideshow of my life. Him and Jon were my life, even if I wasn't there's.

"Kmae?" I heard behind me.

I quickly turned away, knowing it was Jon. I didnt want him seeing me like this. I was a wreck.

"Kmae," he said softy, "I know you're here."

I didn't say a word as he hopped down from the cherrywood steps that creaked, wearing pink and purple Converse sneakers.

I felt a hand on my back, trying to soothe me.

"Listen," he said, "it'll all be okay."

"No it won't!" I cried, "I can't even feel my heart beat anymore, nonetheless feel my pulse. He ruined it for me!"

"Kmae, you're just going to have to calm down for a bit," he said, "then we can talk about it, okay?"

I nodded, letting my body fall into his. He caught me, helping me to calm down enough to talk it over.

1 comment:

  1. awww i love those pink and purple converse of his!!! if only they had those colors now-a-days...

    ReplyDelete