Sunday, January 15, 2012

Love Lies Chapter 20

"Hey Kmae," Jon asked from the kitchen, "are you hungry?"

"Not really," I yelled to him.

"Come on," he said back, "you haven't eaten anything for a day. Or from at least what I saw."

He was right. I hadn't eaten in almost two days, and I wasn't feeling the best.

"I'm a little hungry," I admitted.

He laughed, "I knew you couldn't lie to me."

"Oh believe me," I said, "You've lied to me before."

He looked at me from the kitchen doorway, "What?"

"Remember that time when you told me that we'd be together forever?"

He looked down, and I could see him getting sad. He didn't know what to say.

"You told me a lie then," I said. "We weren't together forever. It only lasted one night."

He went back into the kitchen without saying a word. I knew he regretted everything that had happened. I sat on the bed and remembered the night at Prom when he had told me that...



Prom: 1979

"Kmae," Jon whispered in my ear, "I love you."

I was so overworked. I didn't know if he was lying to me or he was actually telling me the truth.

"Follow me," I whispered back, and took his hand, leading him into the hallway.

"Where are we going?" he asked. I shushed him, and we went out the back door. My dark purple dress was blowing in the breeze while we went out to my car.


I climbed into the backseat, with Jon following me.

"Now we can talk," I said.

He looked me in the eyes, "I really do love you."

"I can't do this to Richie," I said.

He took my hand and slid a ring onto it. "This is a promise ring, we'll be together forever."

I shook my head, "No Jon. I can't do this to Richie."

Jon kissed my hand, "Please? Richie doesn't have to know."

No comments:

Post a Comment