Saturday, January 14, 2012

Love Lies Chapter 18


I stepped into the room. He was still sound asleep, but the bottle had fallen from his chest and spilt all over the floor. I cleaned it up, trying to hide the stains that showed up on the carpet.

I grabbed my sunglasses and went outside, trying to see if I could find Richie. The sun seemed awfully bright, seeming that it was July, and I couldn't see worth a shit. I decided to put my hair up in a bun, and walked over to the broken mirrors that were in the lobby of the old stage.

"Kmae?" I heard behind me. I spun around and saw David standing behind me, eyeing me like I did something wrong.

"That is my name," I stated, turning back around. I think I was suffering from hangover snottyness.

He eyed me again, pursing his lips. "What did you do last night?"

"I actually don't know," I said, "but whatever it was, I'm suffering for it today."

"Where's Jon?"

That was the question I was fearing. I didn't want to say anything about what may have happened last night, and what could happen in the future.

"He did leave with you last night," David said, "I think Richie was too drunk and passed out to notice."

"I don't know," I said, lying. I was actually a good liar when it came to lying to David. I had lied to him alot--which sounds bad, but it was true.

He eyed the bruises on my arms, "Did what I think happened last night, happen?"

I pulled him over to the corner of the stage, trying to shush him.

"Okay, listen," I whispered to him, "you cannot tell anyone ANYTHING. I've been working my ass off to earn Richie back and I don't want this to screw up anymore." I stopped, to see if he was listening.

He nodded and I continued.

"I can't understand why nobody even stopped me from going with him," I stated.

"We tried," he argued, "you guys were both drunk. Believe me, we knew something was going to happen. You guys kept almost making out while you were there."

"Where was Richie?" I worried.  I didn't want him to know.

"He went out for a smoke, and well, never came back in," David said, "I went outside and found him passed out. You guys left right before I came back in. I could see you from the alley."

"Oh shit," I muttered. "Nobody else saw, right?"

"Not that I know of," He explained. "But I think we all knew what was coming. I made sure that the guys didn't tell Richie anything."

I hugged David. "Thank you so much. I don't want the tention to heat up between us."

"You were...protected right?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes, "Yes, I am."

"Good. We don't need any little Jovi's running around here, 'kay? Wait for a while." He laughed.

I laughed too. "So, where is Richie anyways?"

"He's at home," David said, "getting ready."

I was just so relieved to know that Richie didn't see anything. I was freaking out inside until David said that he didn't see anything. I was so glad. I knew that it was wrong from hiding it from Richie, but it was only going to be hidden until I finally got the guts to tell him.

"We're leaving at 9," David said.

"What time is it now?" I asked. I actually didn't know.

"About 6 A.M., but we will have everything on the tour bus cleaned by then, okay?" He laughed, "Why don't you go wake Jon up, okay?"

"Okay, but don't tell anyone. Alright? Even if they do know."

"Alright. Just go wake up that monster. He turns into a beast when he's cranky, hungry and has a hangover. But you may have given his appetite a rest. You know what I mean." He laughed.

I proceeded by slapping him, and shooed him away as I went to check on Jon.

No comments:

Post a Comment