Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Love Lies Chapter 42


     

I tried to run, hide from him, as he stood there and kissed me. It felt almost good, but I didn’t want to kiss him. He wasn’t mine. Richie was. Richie was my fiancé now. But Jon didn’t know it yet.

“Jon!” I pleaded, as I pushed him away from me. “Stop it!”

“Stop?” he said. “I thought you liked it!”

I could smell the alcohol on his breath as he leaned closer to me, once again.

“Jon,” I said. “Get away from me.”

“I love you,” he whispered.

“Jon! Stop! You don’t love me! You’re supposed to love Dorthea!” I shouted at him as I back away. “You’re not my husband! You’re not my boyfriend, my fiancé, and heck, if you go this far again, you won’t be my friend!”

There was a long, long pause before Jon said something again, as my breathing slowed, and you couldn’t hear it anymore.

“I thought you’ve changed,” I said. “I thought you were a different person, Jon. You’ve obviously only become more and more of a liar every day.”

“That’s not true!” He yelled. “You’ve got to believe me, I’ve changed. But there’s one thing that hasn’t. I still love you. I always have, Kmae. You’re everything. I love your smile, your beauty. EVERYTHING about you is perfect, and I can’t believe that I let you go when you were younger. You’re smarter now, I understand that. But I wanted another chance. I wanted another beginning with you. Another day in ’78.”

I stood there in shock as he looked me in the eyes. His eyes, they were so blue. The blue I hadn’t seen since prom, when we stormed out the door and went to my car, where he kissed me for the first time. The place where I felt myself melt into his arms, and where I felt Richie, his eyes burning into me as I had to explain why me and Jon were so late from getting home from the prom.

“Jon,” I tried to explain slowly. “I know, we’ve had our fair share of memories. But I can’t stand to be in the way of you guys. You don’t need to fight over me, alright? I just want to be somewhere, where my boyfriend and my best friend aren’t fighting over me!”

“We’re not!” he yelled. “We BOTH equally love you.”

I shook my head. “Jon, you’re my best friend. But Richie’s my love of my life.”

“I’d give anything,” he paused, “anything to have another wild night with you. I swear to God.”

“Jon, you’re going way too far.”

“Too far?” he said, as he tried to kiss me again.

I shoved him away. “Don’t touch me!”

“Baby,” he said again, getting so close, that I could smell the alcohol on him. “Please, just one more night…”

“No! No! No!” I shouted. “No! You’re with Dorthea, Jon! Not me!”

He didn’t look at me. He just sat there. I got up and unlocked the door, and went back into the bar.

“Ma’am, would you like another drink?” The bartender said.

I shook my head. “Hey, can you tell Jon something when he finally gets back in here?”

“Yup.”

“Tell him I left to go to the party.”

The bartender nodded as I walked out the door. The limo was sitting on the side of the bar. I got in, and we went to the party without Jon.







“Kmae!” Richie smiled, as I stepped out of the limo. There were cameras everywhere as I walked down the sidewalk. Screaming fans were everywhere, yelling “Richie!” and “Kmae!”

He came up beside me and put one of his hands around my waist, as we both smiled and posed for pictures. Fans screamed in happiness when he kissed me on the cheek.

He put his lips up to my ear. “Are we going to tell yet?”

“Isn’t there a press conference afterwards?” I asked.

“Yeah,” he whispered. “We can wait until they maybe ask, or just announce it ourselves.”

I spotted David, with his fiancé April, Tico, and Alec all posing for pictures.

“Hey,” Richie whispered in my ear. “Where’s Jon?”

“It’s a bit of a long story…” I said.

“Nevermind,” Richie said. “He’s here.”

Jon stepped out of the limo, and waved to all the screaming girls that were trying to get passed the rope that lead them away from us.

“Thanks for leaving me,” he yelled to me.

The whole crowd laughed with me.

“He doesn’t know, right?” Richie said.

I looked at my hand. “I don’t even know if he spotted the ring.”

“Good.”

I smiled as another cameraman took a picture of me and Richie, before we went over to the guys.

David’s fiancé was a girl that had also gone to our highschool also. I didn’t know her very well, but her and David had been dating for a few years, and then got engaged.

“You guys ready for the press conference?” I asked.

“I wish I could go,” April said. “I’ve gotta fly back to Jersey tonight, so I’m leaving in a few minutes. ”

“Aww, that sucks,” I said.

“I’m ready!” David said. “See you later babe,” he said to April, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

“We better get going,” Jon said, looking at his watch. He seemed like he wasn’t very drunk anymore, and actually sober.







We walked into a big room, where there were tons of people with cameras and news.

I sat down in my seat, and so did the rest of the guys. Richie held my hand under the table, and we both exchanged glances of happiness.

“Mr. Bon Jovi,” one of the reporters, a short, skinny girl said, “are you and your wife expecting?”

“Not yet,” he laughed. “I’m not planning on having kids for a few years. We just got married a year ago. Next question.”

“This one’s for Mr. Sambora, and his lovely girlfriend,” another reporter said. This time it was a tall fat one with a pencil thin mustache. “Are you guys engaged?”

I swallowed hard. I didn’t want to talk. I squeezed Richie’s hand tighter under the table, with fright. Every bone in my body froze up. I couldn’t move.

Richie smiled, and then looked at me. “Yes, we are.”

Everyone’s expressions changed. I looked over at Jon, who was right next to me, and his face was frozen.

The mustache reporter smiled. “When are you planning on getting married?”

“We haven’t really decided,” Richie explained. “We only got engaged last night.”

He held my hand tighter, as another reporter asked me a question. “Kmae, where do you guys want to get married?”

I swallowed, and finally said something. “I’d love to go to Paris…yes, Paris. I’ve only been there once…but when I was there, it seemed like everything was so sweet-smelling and nice.”

Richie looked at me and whispered in my ear, “You’re really good at this.”

“Takes talent,” I laughed.

They all laughed, and asked another few questions. Richie looked over at me every once in a while and smiled. I loved his smile. Then, finally, came the afterparty, where I could finally feel free to talk about my newly engagement.

2 comments: