Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Love Lies Chapter 33


          We went out to eat, and went to a bar a few miles from the hotel. I saw Jon and the guys at the bar drinking. I swear that they’d seen every bar in Houston.

          “Hey guys,” I smiled as I walked in. I felt weird, being that they were so dressed up and I was wearing jeans.

          David smiled. “Hey, where’s Alec?”

          “Alec?” I asked, looking around. “I didn’t know it was my turn to babysit him.”

          “He was supposed to be here. I wonder if he got lost with that skank he calls his new girlfriend,” Tico muttered under his breath.

          “He’s got a girlfriend?” Richie made a weird face. “Are you sure she isn’t blind? Who would date that moron?”

          I shook my head. “Guys, just be happy that he’s not being a pain in our asses and enjoy your time off from him.”

          “Amen to that!” Jon burped. He obviously wasn’t sober, knowing that they had been drinking.

          I looked over behind the bartender at the clock. It was only 1 in the afternoon, and he was already almost drunk.

          “Ma’am,” the bartender said as he cleaned a wine glass, “would you like something to drink?”

          “No,” I said. “I’m fine.”

          “Kmae,” Richie pleaded. “Drink something.”

          I shook my head. “I don’t want to. I have a major headache.”

          He hugged me, trying to make me feel better.

          “Hey Rich!” Jon drunkly yelled. “You guys…gettin’ it on later?”

          “What?” I said as I turned to look at him.

          He smiled half drunk. “I mean..you know..”

          “Jon!” I yelled as a wave of anger suddenly came over me. “Shut up, okay? Just because you’re drunk doesn’t mean you need to act like a complete asshole. Shut the fuck up and turn around.”

          “Kmae?” Richie looked at me, with worry in his eyes. “Where’d that mood swing come from? Are you sure you’re okay?”

          I backed away. I couldn’t believe that I barked back at him like that. I had never ever done anything like that. It was like a rush of anger that came over me.

          “I need to leave,” I pleaded. “I don’t know what’s wrong with me.”

          Richie nodded. “Do you need fresh air? Want to go back to the hotel?”

          “Yes,” I said, “I want to go back. But by myself. I think I need some kind of silence for a while.”

          He nodded again. “I understand, sweetie. Just go back, okay? Tell the limo driver that you want to go back. Have him come back so he can pick us up. I won’t be too long. I’ll try to not drink too much, okay?”

          I hugged him. “Thanks for understanding.”

          He smiled, as I walked out the door. I breathed in all the fresh air as I finally left.

          “Hey,” the limo driver said. “I’m Rick. How can I help you?”

          “Hi, Rick,” I said. “I’m Richie’s girlfriend…I’m supposed to go back to the hotel. I hope it’s no bother.”

          “Oh, no! Of course not!” He laughed. “I can come back and get them. It’s nothing.”

          “Okay,” I smiled. “Thanks.”

          He closed the door for me, and I crashed into the seat. I was so tired.
         

          It seemed like it took forever to get to the hotel, but finally we arrived. I hurried up the stairs, and went into my room. Everything was quiet, except for the “pitter-patter” of the water from the faucet.

          I had to check something. I knew it was impossible, but of course, accidents happen. This was something that I didn’t want to happen, but of course, once again, they happen.

          The pregnancy test was lying in a zip lock bag in my suitcase. I had brought it along, just in case of any emergencies.

          Finally, I checked.


          I waited a few minutes as I looked at it, and muttered, “No, no, no, no, no!” Under my breath.

          It was positive. I was pregnant with Jon’s baby. 

1 comment:

  1. Nnnnnoooooooo!!!!! Ohno richie is going to be so upset!

    ReplyDelete