Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Love Lies Chapter 38


I sat in the window seat of our house for awhile, staring out the window at the rain that slowly started falling down. A crack of thunder echoed through the house, and I could hear the china in the cabinet shake.

I missed him. I felt like an emotional wreck without him.

I grabbed my scrapbook and looked through the photos. The first page was the first picture I had ever taken with him, more then nine years ago on the Jersey beach. He had his arms wrapped around me and we were both smiling. Then, the next photo, the same place, but with Jon making faces in the background and me laughing as Richie tried to tickle me.

My photos were what I had left after me and Richie had broken up. I would look through them, and you could tell the pages were worn out and getting old. I had taped them so many times, it wasn't even funny.

The first photoshoot that we did together, for the 7800° Fahrenheit Tour, was hanging in our bedroom. I studied it as I laid in the windowseat, admiring the picture. I had the one with me and Richie, and then the one of me and the whole band. We were all standing, making our hands look like guns, with me in the middle. I loved that picture.

I went into Richie's closet, where there was many leather jackets. I put my hand over them and felt them. These jackets had seen everything.

One of them had a rip in the sleeve, and I could remember how it had happened. He had been attacked by fans onstage, and some weird chick had ripped it. I remember going down there to mess with them, because they were bothering my boyfriend.

Boyfriend. That word haunted me. I was surprised that we weren't engaged yet. But I didn't care...we were always so busy..and I couldn't help but think of being married yet.

But I loved him. I didn't want to leave him. He was mine. And I couldn't even bare to be without him.

I walked out of the closet and laid down on our bed, looking up at the ceiling. There was a gash across the top of the wall, where Richie had thrown one of my bras, and it had left a big black streak across the wall. I laughed at the memory, but then slowly sunk back to my loneliness, where I slowly fell to dreamland.





My eyes slowly opened. There was a small beam of light that spilled in from the curtains.

I sat up. "Richie?"

I looked over to the other side of the bed, which was still neatly made and didn't even have a dent.

I broke down. I missed him even more.

I didn't want to talk to anyone or do anything. I just wanted to be alone. I felt like breaking down. I couldn't help it.

My life wasn't complete without him.





Those months...they slowly went by like a flock of birds. I missed him.


I spun down the stairway as the phone rang. It was Richie calling, like he did everyday.

"Hey, babe," he said.

Even when he said it on the phone it sent shivers down my spine.

"Richie," I smiled to myself. "I miss you."

"I miss you too," he said. "We'll be together again soon. I promise."

I still really missed him as I slowly cried. "I can't live another day without you."

I could almost hear the distress in this voice. "I miss you too. I promise that we'll be home soon."

I slowly kissed the bottom of the phone. I missed his hot lips, slowly kissing mine.

"I love you," I whispered.

"I love you more," he whispered back. "I promise, we'll be together soon."

I heard the phone hang up as I sunk down beside the wall, with tears and desperation to see him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment