Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Love Lies Chapter 34


          “Oh, shit.” I exclaimed. I didn’t know what I’d do now. I didn’t want this to happen. It was my first and only nightmare.

          I had to do something. I couldn’t just be here alone.

          I went into the living area of the hotel and grabbed a phonebook. I looked through it, finding the number to the bar that the guys were at.

          “Hello?” A male voice answered.

          “Hi,” I cleared my throat. “I’m Richie Sambora’s girlfriend. Can I talk to him?”

          “Is this really his girlfriend?” The guy asked. “We don’t tolerate people who call just to talk to the guys if they’re not their actual girlfriend.”

          “Uh, you listen,” I said. “I’m Kmae. Even ask Richie. He knows my voice.”

          The guy called to Richie, who came to the phone.

          “Kmae?” He said.

          “Richie, you need to come here,” I pleaded. “I need to talk with you.”

          “Okay,” he said worried. “I’ll be there in about twenty minutes.”

          I felt tears run down as I got myself to say “okay” and hung up. I felt that he didn’t want me to ever get pregnant, and if I did, he wanted to probably shoot me. I felt so dirty, so sick. I wanted to throw up. I ran to the bathroom and puked. I couldn’t help but think that I was carrying Jon’s baby, and not Richie’s. This was even worse, knowing that I had a very slight chance of having a miscarriage, which would break Jon’s heart and Richie would be so mad.

          As I laid there on the floor in the bathroom, I couldn’t help but think of the baby that I might have. The little child that would never know who to call “Daddy,” knowing that he had Jon as a dad and Richie as his mom’s boyfriend. I’d have to explain to him that his mother had a drunken night with his dad while she was dating Jon’s best friend, and that the child was our “accident.”

          I tried to get up, but I hit the underneath of the toilet, and fell back down, dazed and confused.

          “Kmae?” I heard a voice say as the door opened.

          Had it been twenty minutes already?

          “Richie!” I yelled from the bathroom in pain. I must’ve hit my head really hard, and could feel where a bruise was forming on my forehead.

          He rushed to my aid. “What the hell happened?” He exclaimed, and helped me up.  “Are you okay?”

          “I’m, I’m fine. I just need to tell you something.”

          “That can wait,” he said. “I think you need some ice.”

          “But Richie,” I pleaded. “It’s important!”

          He didn’t even hear me as he rushed into the kitchen area and grabbed me ice.

          “I’m pregnant,” I whispered to myself.

          He came back, with ice and a towel. “There, you should feel a little better now. What did you need to tell me?”

          I walked into the room where my bed was, and sat down, with him right beside me.

          “Richie,” I whispered. “I know you’re going to hate me forever and ever..”

          “Hate you?” He asked. “How could I hate you?”

          “I’ve made mistakes,” I continued. “You’ve made some too. I understand, but this isn’t a mistake. It’s a problem. Richie, I’ve been thinking this over, and I decided to tell you now, rather then tell Jon first. Richie, I’m pregnant with Jon’s baby.”

          He looked at me. “You’ve got to be joking, Kmae.”

          A single tear dropped down my face as I tried to be strong. “No, Richie. I’m not. I took a pregnancy test. I’m pregnant.”

          He looked me in the eyes, and I could see him basically shatter into a million pieces before me.

          “I’m so sorry, Richie,” I tried to explain as he got up in anger.

          “Kmae! How could you?” he yelled. “How could you go and do something like this with my best friend?”

          “I thought you didn’t care because I didn’t know what I was doing!”

          “Well, if you wouldn’t have gotten pregnant with his child, I would’ve been cool with it, but no, you had to go and get pregnant. How are you going to have this child on tour with us? It’s 15 months long, and if I’m not mistaken, it takes only 9 months to bear a child. How could you, Kmae?”

          I broke into a million tears. “Richie, it’s not my fault! Jon, he’s the one that-“

          “Yeah, go ahead and blame your pregnancy all on Jon. He’s not the only reason you’re pregnant. You didn’t take the pill, and now it’s not his problem.”

          “It IS his problem too!” I yelled. “He’s the father. I’m the mother. This is OUR child, Richie. And whether you like it or not, I’m having this baby. I’m not letting some other family have it. It’s mine and Jon’s. And maybe if you want, it could be yours too.”

          “I’m not the one who was screwing around with you,” he yelled as he pointed to me. “You’re the one who was irresponsible and did this with him!”

          “You don’t get it, do you?” I yelled back as I stood up. “You’ve been here for everything, every moment, every tear. What’s wrong now? Just because I’m having a kid that you’d never have, you’ve got to shoot anger at me? Well, Richie. Fuck you.”

          “I didn’t,” he yelled. “Jon did!” He ran and slammed his door as I crashed into a million pieces on the floor.

4 comments:

  1. MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE!!

    TT^TT Feel bad for Richie though....

    ReplyDelete
  2. MORE! OMG! YOU GUYS CAN GET TROUGH THIS!!! RIGHT?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...It'd be funny if it actually was Richie's kid. :V

    ReplyDelete
  4. How does she know its Jon's? Couldn't it be Richie's? I'm sure they've had their fair share. It was only one drunken night with Jon and they aren't exactly positive something happened.

    ReplyDelete