Saturday, February 11, 2012

Love Lies Chapter 35

I opened my eyes. It was dark out yet, and I couldn't see anything.

Had I slept that long? How could I? I didn't even remember falling asleep.

I turned over, with Richie laying next to me. He was sound asleep.

"What the hell?" I said out loud.

He woke up, looking at me. "Oh, hey, Kmae."

"Why are you next to me?" I asked. "Why aren't you still made at me?"

"Me? Mad at you?" he laughed. "Oh please. I'm not mad at you about anything."

"But," I hesitated to say, "what about the baby?"

"Baby?" he laughed again. "What are you talking about?"

I shook my head. "Nevermind. Where's Jon?"

"They're all asleep," he whispered. "Are you okay?"

"I must've been dreaming."

"Obviously," he laughed. "Because I can't see you with a child yet. You're only 22.

"I don't want to be a mom until I'm ready," I explained.

"Shh," he smiled. "Rest. We've got a big day tomorrow."

"Wait," I said. "How did I ever fall asleep? I took a shower with you, then what happened?"

"We haven't taken a shower together in..wow it's been a year."

I lowered my eyebrows onion confusion. "What?"

"Rest, beauty," he whispered. I loved it when he called me beauty. It made me feel beautiful inside, and loved.

I fell asleep, there in his arms.


The next day I woke up, and walked into the bathroom. The pregnancy test wasn't even touched, still laying in the bottom of my suitcase in the ziplock bag. Richie explained to me that the guys hadn't gone to the bar either. I had to have been dreaming, but it was so weird. I don't know how I fell asleep. I didn't care, as long as I wasn't pregnant and I didn't have to explain it to Jon. I just thought I'd keep this a secret.

I got dressed, and walked into Richie's room, where he was casually singing and shaving, again.

"You're a good singer," I smiled as I wrapped my arms around him as he finished his shave.

"I am Richie Sambora," he laughed.

"And I'm Kmae Bruce. But that doesn't make me special," I smiled.

He laughed. "Are you ready?"

"Ready for what?"

"We've got a photo shoot today, and we also start some filming for Only Lonely."

I smiled, "Do I get to get my pictures taken?"

"Of course," he smiled. "Heck, you could be in the music video if you'd like."

"You mean it?" I laughed.

He pressed his hot lips to mine quickly. "Would I kiss you if I didn't?"

"Yeah, because I'm your drug," I smiled. "I'm going to go change..you know..go and do my makeup..."

He smiled. "You're already so pretty."

"I've got to change. I'm not wearing a Hells Bells tshirt to a photoshoot."

"You can make anything look sexy," he smiled.

I laughed. "I'm still not wearing this."

"Wear that denim jacket I gave you over it. It'll look really good with the lettering on your shirt."

I nodded. "That sounds like a plan. Can't believe I asked you about what I'm gonna wear."

"Just dont wear green or red," he muttered. "Or I won't be able to see it."

"Or brown," I said. "You're colourblind to brown too, right?"

"Yeah."

I gave him a quick kiss. "I'm glad this whole pregnancy thing blew over."

"You were dreaming," he laughed.

"I know I was, but it seemed so realistic. You wanted to murder me and God knows what Jon wanted to do to me if I got pregnant with his child. I know it was his, because me and you haven't really done anything for...geesh. It's been at least six months."

"I'm hoping to change that soon," he smiled.

I smiled a sexy smile back. "You're such a flirt, aren't you?"

"Hey, when you're this sexy, you've got to share it."

I rolled my eyes and walked out of his bathroom, and went back into my room. I went into the bathroom and curled the ends of my hair, which was still towards the middle of my back in length. I didn't mind the fact that I was the only girl here. I was more of a tomboy. I was hanging out with the guys since Richie was 19 in '78 and I was 16 almost 17.

When we fell in love, it was almost like we had me before. He was everything like me, liking the same bands, the same thing. But the bad part is, me and Jon had a bit of a relationship already. He was homecoming king with me and we both went to prom together. Plus, he had made out with me and got us both detention. But that didn't stop me from liking Richie. I loved them both, and I wanted them to both figure out who could have me. Well, Jon started dating Dorthea, a girl that was in our class in 1981 and broke up a few months later. They never felt the love of me and Richie.
I applied red fingernail polish to my nails. They weren't very long, and they weren't short either. I always chopped them off when they got too long, and they were medium size.

The jacket Richie had given to me was draped over the back of the Chair. I slid it over my shoulders and let the cold touch my skin.

"Kmae?" Richie asked from his room.
"Can I wear the same jacket as you?"

I smiled. "Of course!"

He laughed, and I continued to fix my outfit. The denim ripped shorts, the cowboy boots, I was ready to go.

"Richie," I yelled into his room, "Do you want me to meet you down there?"

He appeared in my doorway. "Why don't we just walk down together?"

I smiled. "I think I'd like that."

He took my hand as we walked down to the lobby.

"Wait," I said. "if that was a dream last night, then you haven't talked with Jon yet,"

"About us? Oh, he seems okay with it now," he reassured.

"He chewed me the fuck out," I said. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah," he said. "He gets that way when he's been drinking."

"Alright," I said. "But he better be."

1 comment: