Sunday, February 26, 2012

Love Lies Chapter 41



After I got done getting my pictures taken, I walked back over to Jon, who was sitting alone, drinking a beer.

“You guys done?” He asked.

“Yeah,” I said.

“You look very pretty tonight.”

I blushed. “Thank you, Jon.”

“Every girl needs a comment every once in a while,” he smiled. “You’re the perfect one to compliment.”

I blushed again. “You’re very sweet, Jon.”

“Hey, hey, hey!” Alec yelled. “What’s going on in the big house?”

I could tell he was drunk as the smell of his drunken breath came over me.

“Alec,” Jon said, trying to not show his anger, “we were having a conversation.”

“You guys,” he hiccupped, “are together?”

“No,” I said. “I’m still with Richie, remember?”

Jon unsteadily moved.

“Oh yeah,” he said, as if he couldn’t remember. He let out a weird laugh, and slowly backed away.

“That was awkward,” I said.

“Yeah,” Jon whispered. He looked at me. “You’re going to the after party, right?”

“Of course,” I said. “Aren’t you?”

“Yeah,” he said. “I was going to go to the bar first. Would you like to join me?”

“I would,” I said, “but I don’t know if Richie is going.”

“Forget him,” Jon said, angrily.

I looked at him confused. “Forget him? What do you mean?”

“Don’t you need some kind of break from him sometimes?”

“He was just gone for nine months,” I explained.

Jon looked at me and laughed. “I just want to buy you a drink, is that okay?”

“Let me go talk to Richie for a second, okay?”

“Alright,” he said. “Hurry back.”

I rushed over to Richie, who was talking to Doc, their manager.

“Hey,” Richie smiled. “What’s up?”

“Is that okay if me and Jon go to the bar for a little bit?” I said, trying to smile and make it seem less awkward as Doc stood there.

“Aren’t you going to the after party?” Richie said.

“Yeah, Jon just wants to buy me a drink first. You know, for old time’s sake.”

“Alright,” He smiled. “Behave!” He said sarcastically.

“I promise I will,” I smiled.

“Or I’ll have to give you punishment later.”

“Hey,” I laughed. “There’s nothing wrong with a good spanking.”

Doc and Richie both laughed as I went back over by Jon.

“The body guard is actually letting you go?” Jon said, referring to Richie.

“Yeah,” I said. “But we still need to go to the after party.”

“I know, I know,” he said. “You’ll be fine.”

“You’re basically drunk already,” I said.

“Shit happens.”







We went to some bar, and he bought me a drink.

“So,” he said. “How are you?”

“I’m good,” I said. “I could be better.”

“Why’s that?”

“Oh, you know,” I said. “I’m just a little stressed.”

“Stressed?” He said. “How come?”

“Richie’s gone a lot…I get a little lonely. But it’s nothing really.”

“Aww, babe,” he said. “You’re not supposed to be treated like that.”

“I’m just happy for him,” I said. “It’s fine how he treats me, as long as he’s happy.”

“That’s not how you’re supposed to see life,” he said. “You’re supposed to be happy.”

“I am happy,” I said. “I’m really happy for him…”

“You’re not supposed to be happy for him, you’re supposed to be happy for yourself.”

“I am, Jon. I really am.”

He looked at me, and I slowly looked away.

“I’m going outside to smoke,” I said.

“Alright,” he said.

I walked out the back door, to an enclosed alley, where I sat down on a metal block that was laying there. I didn’t light a cigarette; I just sat there and looked as the warm July sun beat down on me.





After about twenty minutes, Jon opened up the back door and closed it behind him, and looked at me.

“Are you okay?” He asked.

“Yeah,” I said. “I just needed some fresh air.”

He sat down beside me, and looked me in the eyes. “You know, Kmae, I really miss you.”

“I miss you too, Jon.”

“I mean, I miss, your hugs, your kisses, your everything.”

“Jon, that’s real sweet of you, but-“

“Kiss me.”

“What?” I said confused.

“Please, just kiss me.”

“Jon, I’m with Richie, you’ve gotta stop living in the past.”

“No! Kiss me goddammit!”

“No, Jon. I can’t just-“

I was interrupted as he pressed his lips to mine, and leaned over, locking the door. I tried to pull away, but something was wrong. My body wouldn’t let me. It wanted me to kiss him.

And there we stood, kissing, under the warm July sun, with our memories surrounding us in every direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment