Sunday, February 26, 2012

Love Lies Chapter 40


 

“Hey, darling,” I heard Richie say, as I rolled over and looked at him. “It’s time to wake up, sleepyhead.”

I slowly opened my eyes as I watched him look at me. “How long have you been up?”

“An hour or so,” he smiled. “I like watching you sleep. So peaceful.”

I yawned and then smiled at him. “You’re too cute.”

“I am Richie Sambora,” he smiled, “if you haven’t noticed.”

“Oh, I’ve noticed,” I smiled. “I’ve REALLY noticed.”

He laughed as we both sat up, and gazed around our bedroom. Clothes were strung through the bedroom. I felt my hand, and saw the ring still shining.

“It looks really beautiful on you,” Richie smiled.

“Thank you,” I glanced at the clock. “It’s nine?”

“Oh shit,” Richie yelled. “We have a photoshoot at ten, and afterwards it’s an after party to celebrate the success of the tour. I better get ready. You get to come too.”

“That’s okay, we can take a shower together.”

We both got up and went into our bathroom, and got into the shower. I missed the moments where I got to take a shower with him. It had been nine months.

We got out and got changed. I put on a nice green dress with ruffles. It was bigger now, because I had lost so much weight, so I didn’t need Richie to zip it up like normal.

I walked into his closet. “How do I look?”

“Hot,” he smiled. “I almost shit my pants looking at you.”

“Is that a good thing?”

He smiled as he got closer to me. “You tell me,” he kissed me, and wrapped his arms around me.

“Richie,” I said against his lips. “I don’t mean to stop you, but it’s nine-thirty, and we’ve got a photoshoot to go to.”

He laughed as he slowly kissed me one more time, and finally pulled on a pair of jeans and a leather jacket.

“What shoes?” I said.

“You know those silver heels you have?”

“Yeah?”

“Those are sexy, wear them.”

I smiled as I went into my closet and grabbed them. I slipped them on and went back into the bathroom, did my makeup, and put my hair into a bun, and finally got ready.

“You set?” he smiled as I could hear his cowboy boots coming from downstairs.

“Yup! But wait, we still haven’t talked over how we’re going to explain this ring to them,” I said.

“If they notice, we tell them,” Richie said. “If they don’t, then we’ll tell them at the party.”

“Sounds good.”

We both went down the winding staircase and got into the limo. I felt a lot better today, but a little sore. I didn’t care. It was worth it.

“Is Dot going to be at the photo shoot?” I asked, referring to Dorthea. It’s not that me and her didn’t get along, it’s just that, well, I didn’t like her very much, and I know she didn’t like me either.

“Nope,” he said. “Just you, me and the guys.”

“Good,” I muttered to myself.



When we got to the photoshoot, Jon, David, Tico and Alec were getting their pictures taken as Richie stood beside me with his arms around my waist.

“Hey, Kmae!” Jon yelled. “You’re here!”

“I wasn’t planning on staying home,” I said. “Do you want me to be lonely?”

“Well, you have been for nine months. You should be able to handle an extra day.”

I punched him in the shoulder. “You’re mean.”

“No, I’m Jon Bon Jovi.”

I rolled my eyes. “What’s Dorthea doing?” Not that I care…

“She’s with her sister today. I guess they’re going shopping for her sister’s baby shower or something.”

“Oh, that’s nice.”

“They should’ve invited you.”

I shook my head. “Nah, I’ve got you guys to babysit tonight.”

“We can always take care of ourselves.”

“Yeah,” I said. “You said that last time when I found you in the hallway by our hotel room.”

“It was warmer out there then in the room!”

I laughed. It was actually good to have Jon being my friend again, after all that had happened back in ’84. Now he was a little more mature, and had a wife.

“Kmae,” Richie said as he came up next to me, “is that okay if I take some by myself?”

“Of course!” I smiled. “Go right ahead.”

He gave me a kiss on the cheek and went into the photo shooter’s photo session place.

I turned back to Jon. “So, how was your tour?”

“Oh, great,” he said. “Dorthea left in the middle of it though.”

“Why’s that?” I asked, puzzled. I couldn’t believe that she had left…right in the middle? She must be crazier then I thought.

“She just wasn’t fit for it,” he said. “We were going to come and get you, but when she left, we were in Paris.”

“I love Paris,” I smiled. “That sucks that she left you guys.”

“It’s okay,” he said. “We’re just kind of having problems.”

“I hope they all resolve,” I said.

“I hope so too,” he said. “I really love her.”

“I know you do.”

He looked down. “She just isn’t the same person she was when I met her, you know?”

“Oh, I know,” I said. “You were different at one time too.”

“I know I’ve changed too,” he said. “But she’s just…I can’t explain it. She just doesn’t want to love me like I want to love her.”

I didn’t know what to say. He and Dorthea had never been a very good couple in my mind. They just didn’t share the same tastes, the same love.

“Can I honestly tell you something?” I said to him.

“Kmae,” he said. “You know you can tell me anything. Go right ahead.”

“I never approved of her,” I said. “She just is…odd. You know?”

“I’m sorry,” he said. “I didn’t know you didn’t approve.”

“It’s fine.”

“No, it’s not.”

“Yeah, It is.”

“Kmae, I’m not gonna argue with you.”

“Well, too late.”

He laughed. “You’ve got a way with words.”

“Halleluiah,” I said.

“Kmae,” Richie yelled. “You ready for pictures?”

“I am if you are!” I smiled as I yelled back.

“Kmae,” Jon said. “Can we talk later? It just seems that I can tell you stuff and you actually listen.”

“Anytime,” I smiled. “See you.”

He waved as I walked over to Richie, put on a smile, and tried to look glamorous for the camera, as Jon watched in agonizing heartbreak as Richie held me close.

No comments:

Post a Comment