Monday, February 06, 2012

Love Lies Chapter 32


After he left, I allowed myself to relax. I finally felt at ease, which didn’t happen very often with me. I hoped to God that Richie didn’t hurt either him or Jon over me. I would have felt terrible if anything had happened to either of them. I’d already been through this once before and I didn’t want it to happen once again, because I’d feel broken inside.

                I didn’t know if I’d ever see the chance of me and Jon being friends again, because I couldn’t help but think of the pain and pressure he’d been under these last few years with me and Richie. He was still my very good friend either way, and I didn’t want to let that go.

                I slowly got out of the shower, wrapping my towel around me and walking into my room, where I pressed my ear to the door.

                “I can’t believe that we’ve basically lost our friendship over a relationship,” I heard a voice say.
                Lost a friendship? Did they mean Jon and Richie? Jon and I? It was pretty obvious that whoever was saying that actually meant that they wanted to make up and didn’t want any more trouble to be caused. I couldn’t help but be happy for them. I missed their friendship.

                I walked into the bathroom and changed slowly into a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a cropped “Bon Jovi Runaway” t-shirt. I quietly studied myself in the mirror as I let my wet hair down. It fell passed my shoulder in a wet mop. I blow dried it, and slowly curled the ends, letting it fall down in ringlets. It looked really sexy, especially for me. I added mascara, and grabbed my nail stuff and went into the bedroom.

                “Kmae,” Richie said as he opened the door. “I talked to Jon.”

                I smiled as I applied the paint to my nails. “How did it go?”

                “Well,” he said, “I don’t think there will be a big problem.”

                “Well, what about you and him? Are you friends again?” I questioned as I wiped some red nail polish off of the tip of my nail.

                “We never weren’t,” he said, “we just had some…arguments. We’re fine.”

                “And he’s cool with me and you?”

                Richie sat down on the bed, beer bottle in hand. “He wouldn’t have given me a beer if he wasn’t. He’s fine with everything, I’m sure.”

                “Was he drunk?” I laughed, as I set my hand down for my nails to dry. “When are we leaving anyways?”

                “In a day or two. We’ve started lyrics on a new song.”

                “Really? What’s it called?” I was always excited when the guys wrote a new song.
               
                “It’s called ‘Wanted Dead or Alive.’”

                “Cowboy song?”

                “You bet. We wrote it just for you.”  

                I hugged him, not caring about the red fingernail polish that was staining his black t-shirt, and slowly kissed him. “Thanks so much. You guys are amazing to me.”

                “I know we are,” he smiled. “Now, I’m going to go get something to eat. You coming with?”

                I nodded. “I’m starving.”

                “You usually don’t admit these things,” he squinted, “are you forgetting to tell me something?”

                “I’m not hiding anything,” I said.

                “You’re not pregnant, right?” He questioned.

                I looked at him with my eyebrows raised. “Hell no! No little Sambora’s yet.”

                “So, you’re planning on having kids…”

                “I’d like to,” I smiled. “But not for a long time, so don’t worry.”

                “I’m not worrying. I just want one.”

                “We’ll have one. I promise.”

                He laughed. “Alright, let’s go get something to eat before your stomach decides to have a cow.”

                “A cow?”

                “That didn’t make any sense, but it’s okay, I’m Richie Sambora, duh.”

                I laughed. “Alright. I’m hungry. Let’s go.” 

4 comments:

  1. ok now I am wondering if she could be pregnant with Jons baby? this is getting good. thanks for explaining the short chapters. I appreciate you trying to make it longer. I hope you didn't think I was being overly critical - I guess I was just impatient for more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry! It's alright! You're not the only one! :)

      She might be! You never know! :)

      Delete
  2. Sooooooooo freakin goooooooddddd

    ReplyDelete