Saturday, February 25, 2012

Love Lies Chapter 39


I felt like it'd be forever until I saw him. I missed him so much.

I went into our bathroom, and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked really sick, and ill. I had lost about 39 pounds, now only weighing about 105 or less pounds. I hadn't hardly eaten anything in the few months that he had been gone. I pulled over a tank top. My ribs were almost showing, so I hid it with a Beatles t-shirt. I knew Richie wasn't going to be happy with me.

My whole body ached from head to toe as I slowly went downstairs, and looked through his hall of guitars. Everything was so dusty, and untouched. I almost felt bad as I cleaned them.

I was cleaning when I heard a noise in the front room. I slowly peaked around the corner, and saw a suitcase get set down.

"Kmae?"

My heart instantly dropped as I rushed into the room. "Richie!"

He looked at me with that smile that I hadn't seen in nine months. "I'm back, honey."

Tears of joy stained my cheeks as I rushed up and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I'm so glad you're home!" I cried with joy. I felt myself melt in his arms.

"I missed you so goddamn much," he cried too. "I wish I could've been back earlier."

We unwrapped our hands from eachother as he looked me in the eyes, and gave me the kiss that I had been waiting for nine months for.

He put his arms around my waist, and laid his head on my shoulder.  He had a beautiful smell from his cologne. It was very seducing.

"How was the tour?" I said as we walked over to the sofa and sat down.

"It was good," he smiled. "But I missed you."

"I missed you too," I said. "Did you guys do alot of concerts?"

"Yeah," he said. "How were you? I know, I should've called you more."

"It's fine," I said, reassuring him. "I just...stayed here."

"I got you something," he smiled.

"I told you that you didn't need to," I smiled.

He walked into the other room and grabbed one of many suitcases, and motioned for me to follow him up the winding staircase. I slowly walked up, still aching from head to toe, and he went into our bedroom, laying the suitcase down.

"Well," he smiled as he turned back around to me with his hands behind his back. "Kmae, you know you're my everything. I can't even seem to think of who I'd be if I didn't have a spunky girl from Iowa loving me everyday. I couldn't ever see myself with anyone else. You're the only one I'd love to be with for the rest of my life, starting now. Kmae, will you be my wife?" he pulled a little red box out from behind his back, and got down on his knee as he slowly lifted the box open.

I was speechless, as I stared down into the diamond ring, that was lined with little diamonds, with a big one in the middle of the little ones.

"Richie," I cried as the tears ran down, "I'd, I'd love to."

He stood up and took my hand in his, putting the ring on me.

"It looks gorgeous," I smiled, as I hugged him.

"I don't want this moment to end," he cried.

I buried my head into his shoulder. "I don't want it to either."

"Be mine forever," he smiled. "Be mine."

"I promise I will," I smiled. "You're mine forever."

We stood there for a few seconds before he slowly rocked us back and fourth as "Colour My World" by Chicago came on the radio, and then we slowly, but gently kissed under the falling moonlight that spilled into the room, before the dreams were made, and we weren't the strangers that we had been for nine months anymore.

2 comments: