Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Love Lies Chapter 62

I felt the tears come down as Richie stepped down from the piano, and came towards me.

"You know, there's something else I'd love to give you."

"What's more? You already gave me enough!"

He pulled something from his pocket, and looked at me. "Put out your hand."

I did as he said, as he dropped something into my hand.

I slowly opened it. "Keys?" I said, looking at the keys laying in my hand.

"Yeah," he smiled.

"For what? These can't be car keys," I said puzzled.

"They're for a house," he smiled and looked me in the eyes. "We're moving back to New Jersey."

I wrapped my arms around him. "Really?! Yay! I've missed Jersey!"

"Yes! There's movers moving things right now. When we're home, we won't be in California, we'll be in New Jersey."

I couldn't help but kiss him full on the lips as everyone clapped.

"Can I have this dance?" he whispered in my ear.

I smiled, and looked him in the eyes. "You may."

"Never Say Goodbye" slowly began playing, as he swirled us around the dance hall like we were king an queen. Everyone around us disappeared as Jon watched in patience. I couldn't help but wonder, what was Jon thinking right now? Was he thinking of what he had? Or what he lost?

"You lost more then that in my back seat baby..."

Yeah, that is true. I had lost my virginity in Jon's backseat of the old blue Chevy he had, that one summer in '78. I had just met Richie that day, and I also almost lost him as a few guys from school had tried to beat the heck out of him. But that's a whole different story.

Richie put his lips to my ear as the son slowly began to end. "Are you happy, Mrs. Sambora?"

"Not unless Mr. Sambora is," I laughed.

1 comment:

  1. If Kmae is so blissfully happy with Richie, then why is she thinking about Jon and her first time with him while she and Richie dance to Never Say Goddbye? Me thinks Kmae isn't really over Jon.

    ReplyDelete