Friday, April 13, 2012

Love Lies Chapter 58



A few days passed, me and Krystal went dress shopping, picking out a beautiful mermaid gown, with sequins, and a long train.

I took it home, hid it in my closet, and prayed that Richie wouldn't find it.









2 Days before the wedding: Me and Richie's house.




"Are you going to bring much?" Richie asked.

"Nope, my dress, my hair curler..."

"Dress?" Richie smiled. "Can I see?"

"No!"

"And why not?"

"You're the groom! You can't see yet!"

Richie laughed and rolled his eyes, and began talking in a foreign accent. "The things I do for love around here."

"Well, you could always just wait two days."

"I never thought of that."

"Why'd you think we were going to Paris?"

Richie shrugged, and then laughed. "I knew about the wedding, how could I forget?"

"You could be like an old lady and forget."

"But I'm not an old lady," he laughed.

There was a slam downstairs, followed by a shatter of glass.

"What the hell was that?" Richie exclaimed, as he darted out of the room, going down the stairs.

I followed after him, gliding down the staircase.




"Jon?" Richie said. "What the hell are you doing?"

I came up behind Richie, and my mouth dropped.

Jon stood there, with three broken angel statues that my mother had given to me the year she died. They were supposed to be on the table for my wedding.

"Jon!" I cried. "What the fuck were you doing?!"

"I was just...setting my suitcase down."

I felt the hot tears come down as I dashed passed Richie to grab the broken angels.

"Jon!" I screamed. "You KNEW these were all I had left of my mother!"

"Oops."

I felt the fury build up inside me. "You dirty rotten-"

"Kmae! I didn't mean to!" He interuppted.

"Well, why would you touch them anyways?"

"Because, I thought you'd want me to put them on the table."

I clenched my fists tighter as I looked down at the shattered angels. "Jon, get out."

Jon walked away with his head hung low, as Richie came down from the stairway. "Do you think superglue will work?"

"I don't think so."

Richie bent down, and put his hand under my chin. "Are you okay?"

I stood up. "No! I'm not! I don't know what Jon's problem is, and why he's got to ruin MY stuff for his sake." I began to cry.

Richie hugged me. "Kmae, it was probably just an accident."

"An accident?" I said. "Don't you think he'd have to PUSH those angels down to get them to fall? They can't fall from just a suitcase falling."

Richie looked me in the eyes with his I-highly-doubt-Jon-would-stoop-that-low look. "Kmae, just relax."

"Relax? That's all I had LEFT of my mother!"

Richie held me tighter against the cool fabric of his t-shirt. "I'm really sorry Kmae, I wish I could fix them."

"Jon needs to stop, he's going to ruin our wedding."

No comments:

Post a Comment