Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Love Lies Chapter 56

"Why are you so perverted?" I smiled.

"Because there's a beautiful girl in front of me, and I can't help myself!"

I rolled my eyes. "I'll go see who he's talking to, alright?"

"Alrighty," he said.

I snuck behind the doorway in the parlor area. Jon was sitting on the edge of the chair, the phone in hand.

“Im pretty sure Kmae's going to be pissed," he said.

"Pissed?" I whispered to myself.

"She won't understand," Jon said. "She's getting married to Richie."

Why does our marriage get dragged into this?

"How will I?" he said, angrily. "She can't understand me. Dot wouldn't, how would she?"

Is he talking about me?

"I better go. Richie's probably wondering who I'm talking to."

Well, duh.

"Goodbye," he said, hanging the phone back on the wall.

I snuck back into the kitchen, where Richie was eating snacks from the cupboard.

"Richie," I laughed. "Why are you eating those?"

He instantly dropped the bag and smiled. "I wasn't eating anything..."

"I think I know who Jon's talking to."

"Who?"

I leaned against the cupboard. "Remember his exgirlfriend Diane?"

"Yeah?"

I looked at Richie with my "do-you-get-it-now" look.

"Oh, shit," Richie said.

"Mmhm. It's gotta be her."

"But...Why?"

I shrugged. "I think he's trying to tell us something,"

"What?"

"He doesn't want us to get married."

"Why wouldn't he?" Richie said,
worriedly. "I mean, he knows you mean EVERYTHING to me."

"Can't you tell? He doesn't want you to marry me because he's protecting me."

"From what?"

"Someone," I said. "Himself."

1 comment: