Monday, March 26, 2012

Love Lies Chapter 53


       

“Jon,” I tried to explain to him. “It wasn’t your fault.”

“I’m pretty sure it was, and always will be,” he said. “You almost died because of me.”

“Jon,” Richie pleaded. “Think positive.”

“I’m sorry..” his voice trailed off as the phone rang. “Should I get it?”

Richie nodded as he clutched my hand tighter, like he didn’t want to let go.

“You’re still sleepy,” I smiled, as I brushed my hands through his messy hair, “but you’re cute that way.”

He blushed. “You have a way with words, even after you just about drowned. Coffee?”

“Yes, please,” I smiled. He gave me a peck on the cheek, which felt cold as ice, and went on his way to make me a cup.

I didn’t hear Jon until he peeked around the corner, and instantly dodged back, looking the other way. What was he doing?

I got up, and felt my soaked Aerosmith let water loose as I darted across the room quietly. Jon was in the parlor area, sitting on the olive green chair, talking on the phone.

“We leave for Paris on January,” he said. There was a moment of silence. “I’m not with Dorothea right now.”

Dorothea. I had almost forgotten about her. She was still in New Jersey.

“Richie’s been thinking about it, but we haven’t told Kmae yet.”

Told me what?

“Yeah, they’re getting married in a few weeks, which is why I’m going to Paris, Richie’s just-“

“Kmae?” Richie said from behind me. “What are you doing?”

“I thought Jon said my name,” I lied.

He handed me the coffee. “Did you want to change?”

“If it’s no bother..”

“Go right ahead. I’ll wait here for you.”

I started up the stairs, with ten million questions going through my mind. What was Richie planning? I wanted to go back to Jersey so bad. Maybe that was what he was planning.

I admired me and Richie’s photos on the wall as I went up the stairs. There was the newest ones we had taken for our engagement, with me and him on the beach that we met at in New Jersey, and some other old ones with the band and stuff. The one that stuck out the most was the one of me and Jon at prom. It was Richie’s idea to hang it.

“No,” I pleaded. “I don’t want it there.”

“Why not?” he had questioned me. “I think it looks really good.”

Despite my attempts, Richie hung it anyways.

“You’re both my best friends,” he had given for an excuse.

His best friends? Me and Jon couldn’t hardly be in a room together without arguing about something or another.

I trudged up the stairs and stripped of my wet clothes, throwing them into the laundry pile for the maid, and then walking into my closet, throwing on a tank top, and a pair of ripped denim jeans. My hair was soaked, and my mascara was basically gone, so I redid them both.

“You look lovely!”

“Holy shit!” I gasped, as I poked myself in the eye with my eyeliner. “Who the hell is it?”

“I’m sorry,” someone’s voice said, as I looked over. “I just thought you wanted your engagement present!”

I peered over my shoulder, and spotted Dave “The Snake” Sabo, and Sebastian Bach (Who was actually pretty quiet) standing at the bathroom.

“Snake! Seb! What are you guys doing here?” I gasped.

“We came to give you some shit..and a present,” Sebastian said. “Where’s Jon?”

“Jon? Why are you asking about Jon?” Snake said.

“I don’t know. Just curious.” Sebastian and Jon had never gotten along. Both always wanting to beat the crap out of eachother.

“Let’s go downstairs,” Snake said. “She’s trying to change.”

“Can’t we stay…?” Sebastian pleaded, but Snake drug him down the stairs.

I chuckled to myself as I let my whole worries out. Soon, I’d be Mrs. Richie Sambora, the rockstar’s wife.

1 comment:

  1. Wonder who Jon is talking to on the phone? I don't think the wedding is going to be smooth sailing for Richie and Kmae

    ReplyDelete