Monday, March 19, 2012

Love Lies Chapter 50



I could hear the waves crashing on the shore as I finally got to be alone on the beach. Jon and Richie wouldn't be back for a little while, so I decided to sleep, and I slowly closed my eyes, as the waves drifted me off to dreamland.

















"Are you coming inside?" Richie said.

I opened my eyes as a small raindrop fell on me. The sky had turned dark and grey, and there wasn't any sun.

"Yeah, I guess," I smiled. "Wow, you don't seem drunk."

"I wasn't planning on getting drunk."

"Why not?"

"Because I wanted you and me time."

I smiled, as I got up, and the thunder cracked across the sky. Lightning lit it up as me and Richie ducked and laughed as we ran to the house.

Jon was no where in sight.

"Where's Jon?" I asked.

"He went to visit David and April."

"By himself?"

Richie laughed. "Yeah. He wasn't drunk."

Another crash of thunder, and then lighting lit up the sky.

"Well," I said, "I was just watching out for him."

"I know you were," Richie smiled. "I'm glad you do."

He handed me a towel as I sat down, and grabbed a cup of coffee. "Jon's still in love with me," I said.

"Kmae, I know he is, but you gotta let him go."

"How do I let him go if he won't let me go?"

There was a long pause, and then Richie broke it, by sitting next to me, and giving me a small peck on the cheek.

“You're going to have to try.”

“Believe me,” I said, “I've tried.”

“Well,” he smiled, “lets let it all fade away.”

I looked over at him, before he smiled, and lifted me up.

“You better be ready for some love.”

I laughed. “I was born ready.”

He laughed too, as he carried me to our room, ready for a lot of love.

























“Kmae?” Jon's voice echoed downstairs. “Why is there a bra hanging from the ceiling fan?”

I laughed as I opened my eyes. Richie was still laying beside me, naked and hot. I pulled the blanket over him as I got up and put some clothes on, and went downstairs to check on Jon.

“What are you crying about?” I laughed.

“I was wondering why there's a hot pink bra hanging from the ceiling fan.”

“Oh,” I laughed. “I thought it was yours.”

He handed it to me. “Very funny.”

“What time did you stumble into the house at?”

“About midnight.”

“Oh. You didn't hear us..?”

“Oh god no. I shut my ears.”

I laughed. “Good.”

“Where's Richie anyways?”

“Still asleep.”

“He must've got his exercise last night.”

I laughed. “Enough with the sexual jokes, alright?”

“Shit happens.”

I reached over and wiped a smear of lipstick from his cheek. “Where's this from?”

“Well,” he laughed, “I met this chick from Vancouver and...”

“What about Dorothea?”

His laughing turned to silence. “She filed for divorce.”

“So? Do you have to sign papers?”

“I don't know,” he said. “I've never been divorced before.”

“Me neither,” I said. “And I really hope not.”

“Well, that's always good.”

I laughed, and together, we laughed together, for the first time in a long time.

1 comment:

  1. Heh, thunderstorms are quite romantic, I must say. >:3

    And geez, I can't believe Jon has found someone new, other than Kmae or Dot already. She'll be gone soon. Sounds like a "quick, just to get my mind off things" girl. P:

    ReplyDelete