Sunday, March 04, 2012

Love Lies Chapter 45



Jon looked at me, with a sort of sadness in his eyes. "That's why you think I'm in love with you? Because I lost you?"


I stood there, breathing heavily. "Yeah, you lost me. You're just mad because Richie is man enough to express his feelings to me and not hide them."


Richie wasn't standing behind me anymore, which I was glad that he wasn't. He knew I could take care of myself without him. I didn't want to scare him either.


Jon didn't even bother to say anything else, as he looked at me with anger, and threw his hand across the small table in the hallway, hitting a vase. As it fell to the floor, it shattered in a million pieces. I looked down, but when I looked up, he was gone.


I started to cry, as Richie came running up the staircase. "Kmae! What was that?!"


"Jon," I cried, "he hit that vase." I went to pick up a piece of the shattered vase. It sliced through my hand, sending a splash of blood on the white floor.


"Oh my God," Richie said. He didn't say anything else as helped me down the stairs, and got me a wrap for my hand.


"Richie," I tried to explain, "I'm fine."


He sat me up on the counter in the bathroom like a little child. "You might need stitches."


"I'm fine," I repeated.


"Are you sure?" He wrapped a cloth around my hand.


"I feel better," I looked at my hand, and noticed the ring didn't even have a smudge of blood on it.


"Your ring looks good," he smiled.


"As good as you?" I flirted.


He laughed. "You're sweet, you know?"


"I don't know," I said, "I learn it from my fiance."


He shook his head. "Can't be. I learned it from my fiance."


I smiled as I got down and kissed him. I loved it when I could kiss him, and I didn't need to worry about Jon.


I heard a bang in the front hall.


"What was that?" I asked.


Richie shook his head. "Let's go see."


We rushed down the stairs, and I stood at the end of the staircase, and looked at the doorway, where Jon was standing, suitcase in hand.


"Where are you going?" Richie asked.


"Home," he said, as he picked up the suitcase that must've fallen down and made the bang.


"Home?" I asked. "Why?"


"I'm not wanted here! Dorothea misses me, anyways."


I shook my head, and went up the stairs. I didn't care where he went. I just didn't want him by me.


"Well," Jon yelled up the stairways. "Bye?"


"Just leave," I said back. I knew by now I was going to cry. I couldn't believe that I didn't want him anywhere near me, as I rushed up the stairs, and went into the bathroom. The "click" of the lock made sure that nobody came in.


"Kmae?" Richie's voice echoed down the hall.

I didn’t want to talk.

“Kmae,” Richie pleaded. “Please let me in.”

I slowly went towards the door, and unlocked it.

He came in, and looked at me. “Are you okay?”

“I’m sick of Jon,” I said, as I curled my feet up in a ball as I sat on the floor again.

Richie bent down and looked at me. “I know you are.”

“I bet he wrote ‘Living In Sin’ about me.”

“He might’ve, but I helped,” he said.

“I know he’s loved me forever. I can’t get why he can’t accept the fact that I’ve moved on and he should too.”

Richie put a hand under my chin and raised it so I could look in his brown eyes. “Listen, you’re an amazing person, Kmae. Don’t let someone like Jon ruin it just because he loves you, and can’t have you. You’re my fiancĂ©. And He needs to get over that you’re with me and he’s with Dorothea.”

“That’s where he isn’t,” I said. “When he’s here, he tries to kiss me. He tries EVERYTHING because he’s here and not with her. He probably doesn’t even love her.”

“Kmae,” Richie pleaded, “you’ve got to understand that he’s got her now, and shouldn’t worry about what you do.”

“That’s not the point!” I cried. “He’s in love with me, Richie. He won’t stop! He loves me no matter the fights, the anger. He’s still in love with me.”

Richie looked at me, with a sadness in his eyes. “You’re not in love with him.”

“I only love one person,” I smiled, as I got closer to him.

Our lips touched, and we both melted like candles as he both sat there on the bathroom floor, with hot lips touching. I craved this side of Richie. The sexy one, who wanted to kiss me, touch me, hold me.

I tangled my hands through his hair as his hat fell off, and he laughed against my lips. He had this thing, where he’d wrap his arms around my shoulders and it made me laugh, in a sexy way.

And there we sat, kissing as if nothing had happened. But behind deep walls, Jon was still in love with me, but we hadn’t experienced the worst of it yet.

2 comments:

  1. Hadn't experienced the worst yet? Ohoho, this is gonna get good. >:3

    ReplyDelete
  2. **be good.
    It already has been good! o;

    ReplyDelete