Sunday, March 04, 2012

Love Lies Chapter 47



“Jon?” I asked. “Why are you calling?”

“Kmae,” he said, as I heard a car zoom by in the background. “Can I talk to Richie?”

“Where are you?” I asked.

“I’m in,” he paused. “Will you be mad?”

“Jon,” I said, “just tell me where you are.”

“I’m in Los Angeles.”

“Why are you here?” I asked.

There was a pause. “Dot kicked me out.”

“She did?” Richie’s voice came over the phone. I looked over, and he was gone.

I hung up slowly as Richie and Jon talked back and forth, and went upstairs.

I wrapped my arms around Richie, who had the phone up to his chest.

“What’s he want?” I asked.

Richie rubbed his forehead. “Well, Jon is..well, in the doghouse. Is that alright if he moves in for a while until he gets a house?”

I looked at Richie long and hard. I didn’t want him to tell Jon “no”, but yet I didn’t want him to tell him “yes” either.

“Kmae, you guys have to get over your differences sometime.”

“Tell him fine, ONLY if he isn’t mean or wants to make out with me or something.”

Richie laughed as he picked up the phone again. “Jon? Kmae says you can only if you don’t try to make out with her.”

I hit Richie and he laughed.

“She’s so happy that you’re coming, she’s willing to beat the crap outta me!”

I laughed, as he slowly smiled, and finished his talk with Jon.

“I’m going upstairs to get his room ready,” I said.

“Alright. I’ll make sure there’s enough food.”

I laughed as I went up into the stairs, and into one of many guest bedrooms we have. The radio was on, playing “Imagine” by John Lennon as I walked into the room. Jon always stayed in this room when he was here. It had pictures of me, Jon and the whole band scattered among the walls.

One caught my eye. The one that was standing on the bedside table, of me and Jon at prom. The same one where he had tipped me down and kissed me, unlike the other couples who had just stood there and smiled.

The picture that was in the tour bus, with the shattered frame also laid in here, with the frame still cracked. Inside it was the note that I had written to Jon almost 6 years ago already, the night before we had a one night stand.

I sat down on the bed, with the doors open. The fresh breeze flew in through the window, and felt fresh, as I laid there. I missed all of this.

I slowly started to sing to myself:

I guess this time you're really leaving
I heard your suitcase say goodbye
And as my broken heart lies bleeding
You say true love in suicide

You say you're cried a thousand rivers
And now you're swimming for the shore
You left me drowning in my tears
And you won't save me anymore

Now I'm praying to God
You'll give me one more chance, girl

I'll be there for you
These five words I swear to you
When you breathe I want to be the air for you
I'll be there for you

I'd live and I'd die for you
Steal the sun from the sky for you
Words can't say what a love can do
I'll be there for you

I know you know we're had some good times
How they have their own hiding place
I can promise you tomorrow
But I can't buy back yesterday

And baby you know my hands are dirty
But I wanted to be your valentine
I'll be the water when you get thirsty, baby
When you get drink, I'll be the wine

I'll be there for you
These five words I swear to you
When you breathe I want to be the air for you
I'll be there for you

I'd live and I'd die for you
Steal the sun from the sky for you
Words can't say what a love can do
I'll be there for you

And I wasn't there when you were happy
I wasn't there when you were down
I didn't mean to miss your birthday, baby
I wish I'd seen you blow those candles out

I'll be there for you
These five words I swear to you
When you breathe I want to be the air for you
I'll be there for you

I'd live and I'd die for you
Steal the sun from the sky for you
Words can't say what a love can do
I'll be there for you





And then slowly, Jon’s limo came crawling up the driveway, as I readied myself to face the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment