Sunday, March 04, 2012

Love Lies Chapter 46






Months went by, as the high hope that Jon wasn’t mad at me flew with it. I was unsure on how I’d ever be able to be the same after the night he had left.


While the months flew by, me and Richie were writing for a solo album he was going to do. It was November, 1989 when we had started writing "Ballad of Youth" and "Father Time." We were unsure on when the solo album would come out, but hopefully soon, if not sooner. Richie had also been helping teach me guitar, which I caught on fast.


Jon started a solo album too, for the movie "Young Guns II" entitled “Blaze of Glory.” Richie hadn’t helped him with it, but I was unsure if Jon would like my help.

Jon and Dorothea’s marriage slowly crumbled during those few months. Jon hadn’t told us anything, but David said that Jon had been calling now and then, asking if he could stay at David and April’s house. Jon hadn’t spoken a word to me or Richie about him and her.

But, I wondered, if he was just leaving her for me.





December, 1989.

I opened my eyes. I had song sheets all around me, guitar in hand, and was laying on the couch in our recording studio. Richie was slumped over in a chair, not far from me, with a bottle of vodka laying in his lap. It was about ten a.m.

“Richie,” I said, making sure he was okay. “Are you awake?”

“Yeah,” he muttered. “Do you still have the guitar?”

I strummed a few notes. “She’s still in good shape, I swear.”

“Good, but are you?” He laughed.

“I’m fine,” I smiled. “Geesh, now that you’re 30, Richie, you’re getting old.”

“Shut up,” he laughed, “you’re 27. You’re getting up there.”

“You’re still older.”

He laughed, as he got out of the chair, taking the guitar, and putting a few of the song sheet aside. As he picked up a song sheet, he looked over one.

“Did you write this?” he asked.

I looked at it. It was a song entitled “Diamond Ring” that was laying beside me.

“Umm,” I said, embarrassed. “Yeah, I sorta did.”

“This is actually pretty good,” he laughed. “Slow, but good.”

“Reminds me of the diamond ring that you gave me,” I smiled. “You were passed out. So I decided to make my own music. How’s it sound?”

Then, we began to sing, like a heavenly choir:



Diamond ring wear it on your hand
It's gonna tell the world I'm your only man
Diamond ring, diamond ring
Baby you're my everything diamond ring

Red red rose brought it home to you
Blood red rose tells me that you're true
Red red rose, blood red rose
Like a fire inside that grows blood-red rose

When you're hungry I will fill you up
When you're thirsty drink out of my loving cup
When you're crying I'll be the tears for you
There's nothing that I wouldn't do for you
Mmm ooh

When you're hungry I will fill you up
When you're thirsty drink out of my loving cup
When you're crying I'll be the tears for you
There's nothing that I wouldn't do for you
No

You know I bleed every night you sleep
'Cause I don't know if I'm in your dreams
I want to be your everything

Diamond ring wear it on your hand
It's gonna tell the world I'm your only man
Diamond ring diamond ring
Baby you're my everything diamond ring
Darling you're my everything diamond ring
Now you've got me on your string diamond ring






“That was amazing,” I smiled, as I kissed him on the cheek.

“You’re pretty good at the guitar,” he laughed.

“You mean the first few chords? I didn’t strum it that much,” I laughed.

“Maybe if Jon let’s you, you can have it on the next album.”

“I highly doubt it,” I said. Richie hadn’t brought up anything about Jon in months. I couldn’t believe that he was still talking about him.

“C’mon,” Richie laughed.

“Who knows if there’ll be another album?” I said.

Richie looked at me. “Hun, don’t talk like that…”

“It might be true,” I said. “Knowing that our wedding is in a few months, I can’t believe that he’d be willing to do another album soon.”

“Our wedding…” Richie’s voice trailed off. “I almost forgot.”

“The tickets to Paris arrived,” I smiled.

He smiled too. “I’m going to make this the best wedding ever.”

“And hopefully the last wedding ever.”

He laughed. “You’re the joker, aren’t you?”

“That’s why I’m here,” I smiled.

“I thought you were here to be my maid.”

“Ahh,” I laughed. “I can be that too. And if you wish, I could be a slave.”

“I’ll save that thought for later,” he laughed.

I sighed. “I haven’t even gotten a wedding dress yet.”

Richie laughed. “Maybe you could go dress shopping in Paris,” he smiled.

“I’d love that,” I said. “I gotta get my nails done too.”

“You’re so silly,” Richie laughed. “You’re already so beautiful.”

“I love you,” I smiled.

“I love you more,” he laughed.

We were interrupted as the phone rang, and I jumped up to get it.

“Hello?” I said.

“Kmae?” said a male voice.

But it wasn’t any male voice, it was Jon’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment