Thursday, January 12, 2012

Love Lies Chapter 11

I didn't know what to say as I stood before him.

He looked back up at me with those brown eyes, and I could see them start welling up with tears.

"I still love you," he whispered.

I was shocked. "What?"

"You were my everything."

I couldn't believe it. I wasn't sure if he was lying or if he was just telling the simple truth.

"Richie," I tried to explain, "its not that I don't want to be with you, it's just that I don't want to hurt you again," I whispered slowly.

"Don't want to hurt me?" he questioned. "When have you ever hurt me?"

"Today," I said. "I called you an asshole."

He looked back down again, realizing that indeed, he had also called me a bitch.

"I think," I paused, "It'd be a healthier friendship. Do you not agree?"

"No," he whispered, with his head still down. "I've probably never told you this, but you're what I live for."

He hadn't ever said that to me. I was so speechless. But, I had to stick to my guns. We couldn't date again.

"Richie," I said. "I just don't like who I am when I'm with you."

"Has Jon brainwashed you?" he suddenly said, angrily.

I looked at him like he was nuts.

"Brainwashed? Me?"

"He wants you," he clenched his fists, "he doesn't want me to get in the way of you and him."

"No!" I cried, forcing myself to look at him straight in the face, "It's not like that!"

"Sure it isn't," he said.

"You've changed," I yelled at him, "you aren't the same. You're not the Richie Sambora I dated for three years. That Richie, that Richie was my love. You, you're nothing but an evil bastard that wants me to believe your lies!"

He looked at me in disgust, but I continued on.

"You never loved me," I cried while the tears practically flew down my cheeks. "You never wanted me to be with Jon. That's the only reason you dated me."

"That's not true," he disagreed.

"The fuck it ain't!" I yelled.

"Fine," he suddenly gave up, "I didn't want you to be with Jon. Are you happy?"

My heart sunk in my chest, as the tears stained my cheeks.

"All these years," I cried, "they were all lies?"

2 comments:

  1. haha this remindes me of myself... when i was 13, i wrote stories like these all the time... actually, they were about jon and richie! instead, i was with jon and being around richie so much, he eventually fell in love with me. only, jon didn't realize that me and richie had a few flings every now and again. but i never really DATED richie. good times..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is...Really great story!

    ReplyDelete